Medical Therapeutic Yoga is the practice of yoga in medicine, rehabilitation, and wellness settings by a licensed health care professional who is completing or has graduated from the Professional Yoga Therapy Studies program and has been credentialed as a Professional Yoga Therapist-Candidate or Professional Yoga Therapist. For more information, visit proyogatherapy.org
- to evolve yoga for use in healthcare.
- to transform the biomedical model through use of the WHO endorsed biopsychosocial model of care.
- to foster creativity and innovation in healthcare through training a bilingual practitioner, the Professional Yoga Therapist. A PYT can fully utilize the power of yoga through biomedical science. A PYT's background gives them an advantage and expertise that makes them the ideal practitioner to teach and apply yoga therapeutically to complex patient populations.
- to address social conditioning and gender-bias in healthcare to guide ourselves and our communities toward optimal gut-brain-body health and self-care.
- to teach partnership-based rehabilitation via Caring Economics theory. PYTS is a member of the Caring Economy Coalition, and PYTS Founder, Ginger Garner, is a certified Caring Economics Conversation Leader. Caring Economic Theory works to bring value to culturally sensitive, egalitarian principles through shifting practice paradigms in economics, education, and healthcare.
BACK TO SERVICES
Monday-Friday from 7am-7pm